My friend,Nyemale, is always talking about how she can’t cook that well and why can’t I just cook the meal….well last week she proved that statement to be untrue. We were sitting around my house and started to get a little hungry, so I told her if she wanted to eat she would have to cook…so she did! The meal was simple but none the less outstanding. It was a pasta dish that consisted of shrimp and basil and a little pad of butter to finish it off. She also rounded out the meal with a side order of green peas…YUM!
But the soon to be Betty Crocker was not done yet….
The next day when she was over here she made some REALLY good sugar cookies (Recipe Below courtesy of allrecipes.com)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
You have to love friends who take care of you!